1 a diluted solution
2 weakening (reducing the concentration) by the addition of water or a thinner [ant: concentration]
Dilution may refer to:
- Reducing the concentration of a chemical
- Serial dilution, a common way of going about this reduction of concentration.
- Homeopathic dilution In homeopathic potencies of over 12C (24X), no molecules of the original substance remain.
- Dilution (equation), an equation to calculate the rate a gas dilutes
- Trademark dilution, a type of unlawful trademark use outside of the relevant market
- Stock dilution, the result of new shares of stock being issued by a company, thereby diminishing the percent ownership represented by previously existing shares.
- "Stock dilution" could also refer to a method of preparing soup from stock
- Dilution gene, a gene that lightens the coat color of certain living things
- Phrase used in indicator dilution theory
- Phrase used in dilution space of substances
dilution in Dutch: Verdunning